For our Berlin campus, we are searching for a
Professor in Business Administration and International Management
full teaching load for March 1, 2019.
The successful candidate must hold a Ph.D. and has practical work experience of at least five years, of which three years must have been completed outside a University. Requirement must comply with the University Law of the Federal State of Hamburg (Hamburgisches Hochschulgesetz - HmbHG § 15). The compensation follows the respective Hamburg State Law (§ 31 Hamburgisches Besoldungsgesetz - HmbBesG).
Your future tasks include:
- Teaching and research preferably in the courses of International Business Management B.Sc. (also English Track) and International Management (M.A.). The courses for international students are offered in English.
- Teaching priorities (at least two must be covered):
- Marketing (e.g. Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Sales Management)
- International Management (e.g. Strategic Management, Intercultural Management)
- General Business Administration
- Operations Management (e.g. Production Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics)
- Research Methods
- A background in Retail Management would be a plus, but not a must
- Willingness to teach in German and English in further degree courses
You have a doctoral degree in business administration or a related field with a very good evaluation. You can prove your scientific activities through relevant specialist publications, and you have ideally already been involved with the successful acquisition of third-party funds. You maintain very good contacts to international companies or organizations. You have University teaching experience and you have attained good to excellent teaching evaluation scores.
Your activity with us
You are willing engage in the University’s research activities and in the further development of our study programs. You are motivated to initiate practical teaching and research projects, to take up modern and innovative teaching methods or to develop them in line with university standards. You commit to active participation in the service activities associated with the university administration (e.g. recruiting events).
Your advantages as a professor at the EBC
You will join a well-connected state-recognized university, which is represented at three locations in Germany. We offer an interesting work environment with an interdisciplinary team of colleagues.
The EBC strives for a balanced gender ratio in all occupational groups; therefore women are strongly encouraged to apply. Open-mindedness in gender-specific questions is expected. Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in case of equal qualification.
We look forward to your complete application via our online application platform (button ONLINE BEWERBEN) until December 5, 2018.